THINGS TO CHECK
LED is red. Thermal shutdown
1. Check to see that the Digital echo-charge has sufficient air flow and ventilation around it. 2. Check the battery connections.
Starter battery is not charging
1. Check the difference in voltage between the house battery and the starter battery. If the difference is greater than 2 volts, the Digital echo-charge will reduce the charge current
. If the difference is greater than 10 volts, the Digital echo-charge will shut off and the green LED will blink.
2. Check the connections to house battery bank and starter battery. Check the fuses. Check the ground connection.
LED is off
Check fuse in the red wire. Check the ground connection.
LED is flashing green
1) House battery voltage below 13.0 volts DC or above 17 volts DC.
2) The difference between the house battery and the starter battery is greater than 10 volts DC.
This is off xantrex's web site, I'm sure you have the same info in your manual. So, if the led is steady state green, what is the voltage readings on your starter battery and your house bank? We really need this to make any kind of educated guess.