Here are a couple of before and after photographs. What a project! Thanks for all the help -- all the advice on wire sizing, sources, batteries with few exceptions were followed. I now have three batteries (2 house + 1 Start) with the start totally isolated. Nice new charger
too. All the ham stuff goes through the VHF
breaker -- I did do a busbar and led the heavy wire to the panel. That was a great idea! I ought not to have gotten the Blue Sea battery
management panel -- in hindsight that was over doing it since the Blue Sea ACR 7600 truly isolates the start battery
. An unexpected side benefit is that the lights in the boat are far brighter -- and more hot. The battery panel sorta lacks the spirit of the old one, but I am sure the new one will grow on me. BTW: Local electrician did the wiring
-- I did grunt work such as pull outs and pull-back-ins, and I wired all the AC runs (and installed new, additional outlets all by myself -- with supervision of course!). Stan did phenomenal work.