Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 07:08   #31

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35'
Re: Why I don't trust experts: The Fridge

I'll bite too... Tbird, I missed something, why don't we trust experts?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:14   #32

Boat: Nauta 54' by Scott Kaufman/S&S - 1989

Sorry for confusion!

Technician was great in his own way, but I am mechanical engineer, and knew my needs.

The freezer must be able to freeze down fast, and ability to reach -28℃ shows it can weather summers (Sicily reaches 40-45℃).
I don't keep freezer working if not necessary.

Fridge must consume the least possible.

Thus, I fought against the idea of a single compressor, and of a 2 x K35 system (smallest)

The figures I provided shows that my choice worked better, at an additional expense of 200eur approx.

As a liveaboard, I drink tank water, don't like beer, and switch on freezer for fresh sparkling wine when women come on board. Thanks
TheThunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:31   #33

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThunderbird View Post
The figures I provided shows that my choice worked better, at an additional expense of 200eur approx.

I don't see how the figures you provided would show that a 2x35 system won't do the same thing. (I don't know much about refrigeration...)

Given expert input, apparently at your request, choosing to ignore all that and go your own way is certainly your privilege, not uncommon at all...

But then translating it into a diatribe against all "experts" seems a bit much...

-Chris
Old 01-06-2016, 09:40   #34

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
So, S looks like a 5, right is left, no telling which way to draw a 7, and reading from right to left seems normal. Meanwhile Dog was probably answering your prayers. You are still alive, are you not?
No, that probably describes your symptoms, not mine. But then you are an alleged expert, not me.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:24   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzstar View Post
No, that probably describes your symptoms, not mine. But then you are an alleged expert, not me.
Not me, just referring to an old chart we had about dyslexic symptoms, which is a general category of ailments, not a specific impediment. Basically a catch all bag of descriptors that can mean almost anything. Had a child once diagnosed as a dyslexic but after running some cardio tests, found out the child had suffered a stroke. So unfortunately, broad categories like dyslexia, fibromyalgia, and so on many times are meaningless designations and may mask the true underlying cause of someone's behaviour.
reed1v is offline   Reply With Quote