We will have 4x150w panels
mounted permanently, and two more 150w that may or may not be permanent. We will see how the mounting goes. All are the same panel, 24v.
batteries: flooded lead, ~450ahr capacity.
Future - lifepo4
We are full time live aboards, and will be out cruising for at least a year.
I would like more than one controller for redundancy and the perception of more efficiency, so a single
controller like the Outback 60/80 are out.
Cost is a factor.
Eco-worthy 20a X 3, ~$315
* Two panels
in parallel per controller.
* Lcd display
* programmable voltage for lithium
* no battery
Victron 30a 100/30 X 2, ~$600
* normally two panels in parallel. When bringing the last two panels online, panel 5 would go to one controller, and panel 6 would go to the other, so that there would be three panels per controller in parallel.
* easy to tuck away in a locker near the batteries since there is no display
* Bluetooth module for programming and display
* programmable voltage
* no battery
Midnite Kid 30a X 2, ~$700
* lots of options
* good display
* seems really well made
battery temperature sensor
* can connect two or more together to act in concert.
* wider operational range than the victron X, ex) input voltage on the panel side. This suggest to me it will not be pushed as hard.
Any advice or thoughts?
Sent from my iPhone
using Cruisers Sailing Forum