Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-12-2015, 07:43   #76

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Re: Which Brand of Inverter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
If the remote is lighted, this is probably your "dark current". Our Victron has ~0.5A until I turn the remote completely off (not just using it to turn the inverter off).

Mark
I'm guessing that might be it - but 0.5 amps just to run a few LED lights? 0.5 amps is 12 amps per day which becomes a lot on a passage.

I rigged mine with an automatic switch relay that shunts shore power around the inverter if I plug shore power in. Otherwise the shore power is also limited to 1200 watts

carsten

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 08:22   #77

Mastervolt is fine

iPhone 'den Cruisers Sailing Forum aracılığı ile gönderildi
icemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:09   #78

Hi everyone
Just to update informations. I have a 1000W Freedom Chargers inverter in my boat, with a 675 Ah battery bank on service, and the use I have for 110 V is microwave (5min) and eventually a drill. Mostly it is used to charge cell phones and laptops.
Which Brand and Model would you recommend?
ventomacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:14   #79

Forgot to say it is beginning to fail, intermittently, so I believe it is time to replace it.
ventomacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:25   #80

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventomacio View Post
Hi everyone
Just to update informations. I have a 1000W Freedom Chargers inverter in my boat, with a 675 Ah battery bank on service, and the use I have for 110 V is microwave (5min) and eventually a drill. Mostly it is used to charge cell phones and laptops.
Which Brand and Model would you recommend?
Ventomacio,

We have had great success with Magnum inverters. Here is the model MS2812 2800W Inverter with 125 Amp Charger we use.

We also bought the add-on battery monitor kit and remote control.

Sometimes iMarineusa.com has factory refurbished units at a good discount if you cannot find a local supplier. [We have seen our unit offered for US$800 refurbished with a 1 yr warranty.]

Best wishes with your project.

Cheers!

Bill

Tags
inverter