Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2015, 08:47   #1

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya
Two Solar Panels 6 Batteries

Hello,
I have on my boat 2- 100 watt solar panels wired in parallel (measure 17 volts at solar charger) and 6 batteries. 2 sets of house 6 volt 210 amp golf cart batteries and 2- 12 volt starting batteries. I have searched on the almighty internet and not found a clear answer to my question. I have 1 mppt charger for the house now connected. I have three PWM chargers not hooked up. Can I tap into the solar panels and feed the batteries using separate chargers. That is parallel feed each charger from one set of panels. I think I have the solar capacity but thought I would get some opinions.
Thanks
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panels, solar, solar panels

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: