Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 10-01-2018, 18:30   #31

Re: Tesla House Battery

I would consider a Nissan Leaf battery before the Tesla or Chevy Bolt just due to cooling requirements, or lack thereof.

I also clicked thinking you were going to discuss the Tesla Powerwall https://www.tesla.com/powerwall.

-Chris

Old 10-01-2018, 19:17   #32

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

I Contemplated Prius packs as there are so many of them available and prices are therefore lower.
I also contemplated a DC generator, a massive battery bank and huge inverter, but decided at the end, why?

Old 11-01-2018, 11:16   #33

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa36 View Post
Also, research Tesla Radiant Energy, the Secrets of Cold War Technology pdf and feandft dot com since there are a lot of errors and psyops in the Secrets of Cold War Technology book. For starters, the nuclear atom model is bogus. The universe functions in vortices (as well as the sine wave), one of the esoteric meanings of the spiraling serpent. (Vortices are what cause the tides, not the moon according to Oahspe.) Next, the nuclear bombs were psyops. What they did was probably carpet bombing. Thirdly, what they refer to as the "ether/aether" is inert gases, but that could just be semantics. The periodic table is a spiral as Walter Russell's books explain. The inert gases are in the center. Other parts of the book are questionable, but chapter 1 on Tesla and radiant energy is important.
Vortices were discredited by Izaac Newton.

You would have to drop an enormous amount of carpets to equal the effect of one decent sized nuke.

The ether is real and inhabited by green politicians when they are not cohabiting with the fairies at the bottom of the garden.

The periodic table is a hoax perpetrated by the mad Russian Rasputin.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:35   #34
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Other considerations? Tesla uses strings of 18650's for a number of technical reasons, instead of larger prismatic packs. One of those has to do with thermal control and fire control, the idea being that if one cell catches fire, it does limited damage. I don't know if or how much the active cooling system plays a role in containing that, preventing the fire from affecting neighboring cells. But then again, if one cell in a series chain were to internally short-circuit, even gently, that would expose the rest of the chain to higher charging voltages, which in turn could cause a larger fire risk.

How that plays out in real life, whether it can be ignored or it is a real issue, you'd probably need to speak to an engineer to get a better idea of how they have assessed those risks.

The fact that their pack design is different from the main body of the EV/traction industry says that there must be issues that are not obvious to the layman. Perhaps superior, perhaps not.

I suspect the supplier will give you an answer much like a boat broker does: The facts are intended to be real, but there's no guarantee that *their* supplier knows or told the real story either, so they're just representing the battery packs "as is", warranteed or not. A well-sealed battery and battery pack in low conductivity water (fresh water flooding) shouldn't take too much damage from it. A battery pack that took a 100G shock load from a crash impact, ah, that might be more problematic. And impossible to see.

Theo, if you have a '12' volt alternator and that's going to be the source for a '24' volt battery? Might as well have the alternator replaced, or rewound (simple job) so it puts out 24v and charges directly, with just a downconverter for the 12 devices. Simpler, less waste, more reliable.

It is nice to have backup systems, but as you double the number of systrems, the failure rate quadruples. It goes up as the square, not linearly. I had a car with a low oil pressure cut-off switch once. The idea was, if there was no oil pressure, the fuel supply would be cut and the engine couldn't be damaged.

And one day the car wouldn't start, low oil pressure alert. Don't you know, it was the lousy $20 sensor-switch that was the problem, the oil pressure was just fine. Can we have a show of hands for all the boaters who have had high temperature switches/gauges fail? Oil pressure? Tach or voltage? Thermostat fail in the engine, or a new one of any of those simply DOA? Those things gang up on you.(G)
Old 19-01-2018, 14:13   #35

Boat: 2015 Leopard 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa36 View Post
Next, the nuclear bombs were psyops. What they did was probably carpet bombing.
Interesting.

So I should look for the "increase carpet bombing" end of the rheostat next time I'm in the nuclear (read: fission) power plant control room?
Old Today, 04:15   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
Interesting.

So I should look for the "increase carpet bombing" end of the rheostat next time I'm in the nuclear (read: fission) power plant control room?
Which is "increasing the radiation". Not a good idea for health. Make sure to consume probiotic fermented foods to help to neutralize the radiation that you would be giving yourself.
Old Today, 06:20   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
Do the vortices contain light or dark crystals?
Of course not. They use dilithium crystals to power the warp drive....uhh oh...is that really di-lithium and almost related to lithium batteries?

Tags
battery

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: