Yes the output should be more than that.
Given your repairs
there is probably still a bad connection in the panel, but there is always the chance of a faulty controller. The cheap MPPT
controlers are very unreliable.
Try a direct connection of the solar
panel to the batteries. The current
can be measured with a multimeter, (or even better a clamp on multimeter). You won't do any harm overchaging the batteries providing the battery
is little discharged, or there is a load of a few amps. (remove the fuse, or cover the solar
panel while making the connections, if you are connecting directly to the battery
teminals. It is not the place where you want a spark)
It would also be worth measuring the panels
Voc and Isc. These measurments can be done with a multimeter.