Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2008, 10:18   #1

Boat: Far From Turtle: 1980 Pearson 424 cutter rigged ketch
solar ovens

Hi

can anyone share their experiences on the use and/or purchase of solar ovens?

Please point me in the direction of a thread if there's already been lots of discussion in the forum... I didn't have much luck with the search engine. Keep getting any post with the words solar and oven but not solar oven so have an overwhelming number of posts to research. I tried the usual tricks while searching to narrow it down.

Seems the propane ovens on board may be a bit too warm in the tropical climates we will be sailing in.

Thanks very much

First Mate
First Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 10:23   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

They do work, but the discussion I've heard wrt boats is that you need to find a dry place to set it up, where it won't be shaded as you are tacking, and won't be in the way of anything else on deck. So if you've got the room and you can hold a "cooking tack" long enough to get the cooking done...it should work just as well as on land.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote