Mine in not in a fully vented space, but in the space under the seat in the main salon
, which has a larger area down to the bilge
. (Under the blue pillow in the stock photo
I've tested it there (laser type termometer) and it's just fine. Why? Because it drains a huge amount my 330 Ah battery
capacity every minute the microwave runs. It just can't heat the space up enough before the batteries are dead. I am ready to cut vent holes if needed. But for now, I keep an eye on it when it's on or doing something like running the microwave.
It is also the backup battery charger
. I lift
the lid on the seat when it's in charging
mode. I figure that over time the heat could build up.
It is 12 inches from the main house power switch, a 3 foot each cable run to make things neat. This was after much consideration and using the calculator at Genuinedealz - Technical - Calculators
. You just lose too much power if your inverter is much farther from the batteries -- that or your very thick and heavy cables get very expensive (perhaps even more expensive than the inverter).