Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2015, 02:53   #1

Boat: Elan Impression 384
Silentwind 'Reset' button after strong winds ?

The yacht Zaria that we recently purchased has a Silentwind installed and it seems to stop working after we experience strong winds. I have to press the Reset button on the Controller to get it working again. Is this normal ? After reading the manual, they seem to have a Storm Brake, which makes sense so it wont get damaged in strong winds. But surely it should reset itself when the wind drops and start working normally again ? Nothing in the manual in regards to the Reset button ?

cheers
Zaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 05:49   #2

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124
Re: Silentwind 'Reset' button after strong winds ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaria View Post
The yacht Zaria that we recently purchased has a Silentwind installed and it seems to stop working after we experience strong winds. I have to press the Reset button on the Controller to get it working again. Is this normal ? After reading the manual, they seem to have a Storm Brake, which makes sense so it wont get damaged in strong winds. But surely it should reset itself when the wind drops and start working normally again ? Nothing in the manual in regards to the Reset button ?

cheers
I have not heard of that one. In my experience though the silent wind regulators are junk. I'll be on my third one in about 1.5 years.

FYI, they sell them through amazon for almost 1/2 the price you pay at a marine store stamped with the name "Silentwind" under the name "Misol".
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind