Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2019, 12:23   #46

Boat: 2000 Navigator 4200 Classic-Skinny Dippin'
Re: Should I turn these OFF or leave them ON?

We have an AC/DC fridge, so I will leave the AC on and cut the DC. If we lose power, we may have a little mold and warm mayonnaise, but it won't tank the batteries.

The Air conditioning is another matter. While I do not close the seacocks when we leave for the week, I am terrified at the idea of leaving a pump running that, should there be a plumbing failure, is capable of pumping hundreds of gallons an hour in the bilge. That said, I do have plans to use an AC float switch that will shut off the pump should there be high water. But even then, I probably won't sleep well leaving it running.
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 13:15   #47

Re: Should I turn these OFF or leave them ON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Ah but this thread so begs the question: Do you know if the light goes off inside your refrigerator when you close the door?
Aha. I put my smart phone inside my fridge with the shutter delay turned on. I can confirm that the light inside my fridge turns off when the door is shut. YMMV
morribabes is offline   Reply With Quote