Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 16:08   #1
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
Seaward Princess Stove Question

I have a friend who has one of these. He has 110 volt power at the panel but no apparent power at the stove. Before he opens things up he wants to know if there is a breaker/thermal in the stove or another type of safety switch.

Any source for on-line manuals would be appreciated.
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 17:21   #2

Boat: Kadey Krogen 38 - Seaventure
Seaward Princess Stove question

I suggest contacting the company directly. Seaward Products

When we purchased a new seaward princess stove we had questions about getting oven door off and back on again (not as easy as it might be). They were very extremely helpful. The owner even called and worked with my husband over the phone.

During his first phone call to us the owner wanted to know why we were even purchasing a new princess stove as he thought our 1980 original one should have been fixed (oven didn't work and the stove looked like it had seen some hard use before we purchased the boat).
Seaventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:55   #3

Boat: Lancer 44 Motorsailer
I have a Seaward princess 3 burner with oven. The power for the burners can be interupted by the cover switch. If it gets bent no power to your burners. You also have the selector switch which diverts power to either the top burners or the oven but not both at the same time. By deactvating the little side catches the entire burner assembly can be lifted up and power measurements can be made at various switch points but everything should be accessable from those points.Be carefull, 120 volts under the cover that is over the switches can bite. Usually if the installation was properly done, power will go from a breaker dedicated for the range in the ac switch panel. If there isn't, it may have been installed with a fuse of some type. I think it should be rated at 20 amps. I would gladly email you a copy of the manual but it is on my boat which I just left. Back in the middle east for one last year.
Old 26-03-2018, 12:32   #4

Boat: Californian ACMY 42FT
Re: Seaward Princess Stove Question

"Poshman" helped me out BIG TIME in the following thread: Princess Stove/oven - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

I personally have a 3342-1126 SeaWard Princess 120 volt that developed the same issues. I had just finished cooking a nice steak and baked potato, when I went to warm up the oven again for dessert, no light came on and the oven would not turn on. I immediately went into repair mode and for the life of me I could not figure it out. I tried searching the Owners Manual for a thermal fuse and could not find one, I did continuity testing, I unscrewed and pulled out the oven element to look for burnt wires, I traced the wiring and came to the conclusion it must have been the "Top Burner"s" (should just be burner)/Oven" toggle switch that had a fuse within it (on te side of the switch it says 15A).

A few days later I did further research online and came across the above thread which details, "wire attaches to the oven thermostat was asmall rocket-shaped metal object." THIS WAS KEY! After further examination, I noticed a wire hidden BELOW all the other wires and a protective sleeve over a portion of the wire TUCKED WAY UNDER the Thermostat. I pulled the wires metal butt connector out of the Thermostat, pulled down the protective sleeve, and to my amazement revealed, you guessed it, the rocket shaped fuse!

After looking online for a replacement fuse, I decided to go to my local hardware store instead, they referred me to the appliance store, who in turn referred me to a small hole-in-the-wall electrical store. They had plenty in stock, the connector pieces and all, total damage was $4 and my time and energy.

Amazon had one listed for $7.24 https://amzn.to/2GwgSvF

From looking through the previous owners receipts, I see this had been a problem in the past and cost him well over $60 to try and figure out, he bought new switches and a new left female burner assembly.

Cinnamon buns (other day's dessert) are in the oven now!
turand_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 18:38   #5

I’m looking for a new oven door for my marine princess oven. Any ideas where I can find one?
Loretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 18:42   #6

Re: Seaward Princess Stove question

Thanks. I’ve looked in the catalog but didn’t see door replacements. Maybe if I call. Thanks
Loretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:32   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Loretts.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2021, 18:42   #8

Boat: Fuji45
Re: Seaward Princess Stove question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretts View Post
Thanks. I’ve looked in the catalog but didn’t see door replacements. Maybe if I call. Thanks
I understand this is an older post, but I’m stymied by my oven. Specifically the door. How in the world did you get it off? Thanks.

Tags
seaward