Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 11-01-2016, 07:44   #1

Boat: Custom 43ft Steel Ketch but looking at catamarans....
Rutland 914i Problems

Hey guys,

We've had a Rutland 914i with HRDI controller fitted for the past year and much to our frustration, the controller failed for a second time last night.

The first time it happened, our marina was hit by 62kt gusts and the controller regulator failed (rather than something in the wind gen itself). We figured 62kts was unlikely to happen again, so took it on the chin, contacted Marlec and had them sort the unit for a very reasonable fee (I gotta say, Marlec's customer service is second-to-none as well).

Having now made our way down to Portugal, last night we had 35kts gusting 40kts (not for the first time this week I might add; it's been a pretty windy winter here) and sure enough, the controller failed again. This isn't the original unit either; they couldn't fix it properly last time so sent us a replacement.

Has anyone else had similar problems with their HRDI controller? Sending it back to the UK is going to be quite a costly exercise, especially if it's going to happen on a regular basis....

Off to the Caribbean after 5 years of building!!
Blue Calypso on YouTube
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On