Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2010, 17:01   #1

Boat: 1975 Alberg 37 Yawl
Replacement Aqua Signal Tricolor Lens

We have an old (C. 1985) Aqua Signal Tri-Colour Nav light. Have replaced the lense years ago due to the white anchor light lense becoming cracked and crazed (the R/G/W sailing lense part is somewhat crazed also, but still OK). Now the replacement lense is basically in the same condition. It's still all together, but won't survive many more storms. I've searched for a replacement, but the replacements are about $75 US. (The initial replacement was also expensive), and I'm not sure whether the currently available lenses are the same as mine.

I'm thinking about coating the inside and outside with epoxy resin, but believe the resin will turn yellow after exposure to UV radiation - any good ideas out there?? By the way, we replaced the incandescent anchor bulb with a good LED, and it works great, with minimal current draw..

Thanks for any responses.

Tom in Kinsale, VA
S/V SHEARWATER
tomj is offline   Reply With Quote