My first generator was a cheapy 1KW Generac. What a mistake. Noisy, noisy and prone to failure.
I purchased a Honda 1KW years ago after the Generac failed..........25 year ago??? I used that on my sailboat for battery charging
. I also use it for general low energy applications. The thing still starts on the first pull AND IT NEVER REALLY HAD LOVE AND CARE ATTENTION.
Honda should be considered. Now I do have a comment on the old Generac or something close to that spelling. It failed once on me, I forgot what the problem was because it was so long ago. Don't remember if it was a diac or a triac but it was some type of semiconductor that I had to replace. What I found stunned me!!!
The part I replaced needed to be soldered to the generator wiring
. The heat from my iron quickly melted the insulation
. It most likely was thermal class 105, solderable, polyurethane
THAT IS JUNK for a generator, a motor
or for that matter most applications. That wire should have been at least 200 (degrees C) such as polyester/amide imide or amide-imide and better if doubled insulated. Soon after, the entire generator went belly up when I let somebody borrow it. That initiated my Honda purchase
Think about it for a minute. If one overloads a machine with low temperature, low scuff resistance wire, the wire will have great risk to short circuit because of internal heat build up. AND IT ONLY TAKES ONE SHORTED TURN to RUIN a generator. The cost of everything else in that generator seemed well thought out but not the generator's internal wiring
Words of wisdom from an earlier post.........."you get what you pay for!"