Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 23:23   #31

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Zarley View Post
We loved our old wind buggers, ... I hear noise wherever I go be it the waves crashing on the shore, the hum of a wind generator, the whoosh and hum of a genset exhaust, rain pounding the heck out of my deck so loud I cannot go back to sleep. These are all sounds of life,
So, that means I can play Richard Rogers's "Victory at Sea" loudly next to you? I find it inspiring.
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 20:32   #32

Boat: Alberg 35
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhythmsmith
D400 noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
Like I posted earlier, units with these blades and the D400's are silent. KISS is pretty silent, and several others that don't produce much power (Rutland) are silent.
This opinion is not one formed from owning and defending any specific unit, but from being subjected for many years to many boats in many places with different units.

Mark
Thanks for the feedback on the D400... I just bought one and can't wait to install it. I have heard that they are pretty quiet compared to the others like you indicated. Glad to hear that this has been field-verified!
Rhythmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 22:07   #33

Boat: Gulfstar, Mark II Ketch, 43'
We have a KISS which we are very happy with. Good output and very quiet. It's also mounted at the top of the mizzen, so it's out of the way. Have had guests on board that have said that they didn't know we had a wind genny.

As foe solar power, we have 2 Kyocera 215w panels hooked up to a bank of 12 T105 batteries. Never run out of power or ever worry about, except for walking by the neters and see what's going on. Even without pure sunshine overcast, you will still charge a little...
Unicorn Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise