[QUOTE=JusDreaming;782554]damn and I was really excited about a wind
fall of batteries
but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth . . ./QUOTE]
It is just a matter of what you use them for.
- - If you have an electric windlass
on the bow, they would work well up there.
- - If you have bow thrusters or stern thrusters, they might be good there.
- - Drain the acid out and they make good mooring
- - If your boat naturally "lists" a little they can be used to even up the boat.
- - They can be charged via a battery combiner system that first fills up the ship's batteries and then when they are full, charges up the new free batteries. A simple on/off battery switch can bring them on-line when needed.
- - You can sell them to somebody who has 6V batteries.
- - And probable a list of a hundred other possibilities.