Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2019, 12:40   #1

Boat: Morgan 454 Nelson-Marek design - 45ft Sloop- 1983.
Morgan 454 - 1983 - Replacing main panel circuit breaker

Blew out one of the 110V shorepower circuits on board by using too powerful of a drill... Circuit breaker for that circuit tests as "defective".

Removed the breaker switch from the panel.. Turns out it's a 15Amp 250V - 2 Pole 15A Circuit Breaker made by Heinemann: Part # JA2-A3-A.

So, my question is: Should I replace this breaker with one exactly the same?
Or should I change it to a 30-Amp 110Volt breaker?

I don't plan to take the boat out of US waters, and it runs on 110V shore power at the marina .. so the failed 220V breaker has been working fine for years and years on 110/120V.

Asking advice/comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
- Carl

PS: My boat was originally built as a custom order for a buyer in Argentina in 1983, but during the build period, Argentina currency collapsed, so the buyer could never complete the purchase. Consequently, Morgan took the boat to the 1983 Miami Boat show .. and sold it at a discount to the original owner, who shipped it brand new to Honolulu, Hawaii, where he owned it for 35 years, before selling it to me last year. s/v Annabel Lee
cmiddelmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
morgan, morgan 45