Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2018, 17:12   #1

Mastervolt Charger

Hi, can someone please help.

I have a Mastervolt Whisper 6 generator about 2007 vintage, the 1500 rpm model. A few days ago the exhaust temp sensor failed so I bypassed it to check and confirmed this to be the case. I turned the through hull water ball valve off and went into town to try to source a new sensor. While I was gone a crew memeber inadvertantly ran the generator with the water shut off. The generator ran for about 10 minutes before the other temp sensor shut it down. I left it overnight to cool down and tried it the next day with the water valve open, however it did the same thing. I changed the impellor but that didnt fix it. It seems to pump water through the pump ok if i disconnect the feed into the generator, just when I connect the feed back to the generator it wont push the water through. I diconnected the heat exchanger and the water is not getting that far so the exchanger seems ok ( the water first passes through the electrical generator to keep that cool beore entering the heat exchager) does anyone have any idea what might be wrong ?
Peter Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, mast