Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2013, 06:52   #1

LunaSea Tricolor assembly-anyone using it?

Hi, I had read the PS review of LED navigation replacement bulbs and assemblies. LunaSea bulbs got a good review. It looks like they now sell a mast head tricolor with a strobe. I was wondering if anyone was using it and if so how you liked it. Any info appreciated.

I tried to post this earlier but I had included a link and I don't think it went through due to that.

Thanks.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 14:34   #2

Boat: Creekmore 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Hi, I had read the PS review of LED navigation replacement bulbs and assemblies. LunaSea bulbs got a good review. It looks like they now sell a mast head tricolor with a strobe. I was wondering if anyone was using it and if so how you liked it. Any info appreciated.

I tried to post this earlier but I had included a link and I don't think it went through due to that.

Thanks.
My mast is down too and I would like to install Tri/anchor led too.
The LunaSea does look interesting and relatively decent price I thought.
Hope we hear some real experience here
Thanks for bringing it to my attn.
Cheers,
riggear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 20:46   #3

Boat: Valiant 40-169
Re: LunaSea Tricolor assembly-anyone using it?

I have installed the tri-color recently (no strobe) and can state it is very bright. Quality of the unit seems very good. I have their single color lights on my bow and stern pulpit as well. Again very bright. I liked the fact they are 100% waterproof. After inserting the bulbs in the sockets I coated the exposed metal with silicone grease for protection.
I think they have a lifetime warranty so that would imply they should last quite a while but the future will tell.
gordwedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54   #4

Re: LunaSea Tricolor assembly-anyone using it?

I've purchased the tri-color with strobe and have it fitted but have not installed the mast back in the boat. I can say that the LED's are very bright and the unit appears to be well built...and the price was very reasonable when you compare it to others of similar function. I was going to use the threaded hole at the top to mount the Windex but it ended up interfering with the antennas. If you order from LunaSea ask them to remove the spike when they box it up mine showed up with a couple of holes in the box and the spike was bent.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote