Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2014, 11:24   #1

LiPo In RV/Bus

Howdy,

I just wanted to introduce myself. When FOlivier sold his Newell, I was able to purchase and install the system in my Newell.

I am sure I will have questions as I gain my experience with the setup.

Here are the basics. 1000 AHr battery pack supplied by Balqon. BMS system installed to protect against HV and LV.

I set the Link 2000 charger to charge to 14.0 volts and float at 13.1. I was able to toggle some settings to get the Link Panel to show a SOC.

So far on 50% discharged batteries both the Freedom 2500 charger and the Leece Neeville alternator will initially charge around 120 amps.

I will install a programmable alternator regulator just to keep from frying the alternator.

The coach is all electric. A gorgeous outcome would be if the new setup will power the fridge, the Aquahot, TVs, and my wifes fan through the night. First data points say no problem.

My background is Chemical Engineer, lifetime wrench, and now a man of leisure.

I look forward to learning about the systems from this forum.
RichardE is offline   Reply With Quote