Originally Posted by svstrider
. . . My problem is that the grey insert won't fit through the white PVC fitting from above as it shows in the installation directions .
I think you are not reading closely - maybe.
1. You have the mounting pole.
2. You slide the white PVC fitting down the pole with the threads up.
3. You take the grey insert and insert it into the top of the mounting pole. The white PVC fitting and the grey insert never come in contact with each other.
4. After screwing the grey insert to the pole you install the PVC wind gen body onto the grey insert. The bottom of the Kiss Machine has a long pipe like extension that the grey insert slides up inside after the wire and little spring are correctly inserted. If you use the wrong size/type of screws you may not be able to slide the KISS machine fully over the grey fitting.
5. The bottom of the Kiss Machine bottom tubular portion is now below the whole grey insert allowing you to screw the PVC adaptor fitting into the threaded portion of the Kiss Machine.
- - If you cannot or do not insert the bottom section of the grey fitting into the top of the mounting pole then your mounting pole is the wrong size pipe/tubing. This might just be your problem. Remember the grey insert and white PVC adaptor never come in contact with each other except
when, for some reason, the whole installed KISS machine elevates itself in an attempt to come off the mounting pole. The size of the top/mid section of the grey insert is deliberately made large enough so the the white PVC adaptor cannot pass over it.
- - Also check inside the bottom extension of the KISS machine to be sure there isn't anything in there that will prevent the grey insert from fully seating itself completely up inside.
- - You should be able to - before pole installation - thread the wire through the grey insert, seat the spring and shove the grey insert up inside the bottom of the KISS machine. Then you can screw the white PVC adaptor into the threaded portion of the bottom of the Kiss Machine. Reverse the procedure to disassemble your "test" possibly using a bent screwdriver or probe to extract the grey insert and then proceed with normal installation.