Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2017, 08:45   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds
Jeanneau 43 DS: Space for a fourth Service Battery?

I would like to increase my service batteries from 3 to 4 but where on earth does the extra battery go? Only space i can find is the one under outer cushion of starboard aft cabin which is similar to the space used by the charger installed in the port aft cabin. Problem is that the space is too small for same size of battery as the others. Has anyone done this already?
Maybe i need a bigger boat!
Andrew
"Genial Bee"
Old 06-03-2018, 08:45   #2

Boat: '02 Jeanneau Sun Odyssy 43DS
Re: Jeanneau 43 DS: Space for a fourth Service Battery?

hi move ghe starter battery under the floorboards in front of the companion way steps aand there you have space for a 4th one

cheers
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:27   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds
Re: Jeanneau 43 DS: Space for a fourth Service Battery?

Yes, tks for the suggestion but that space is normally reserved for beer & water bottles on my boat, particularly beer! I found a solution. I increased my service batteries from 3 x 110 Ah to 4 x 110 Ah Victron AGM. Then i used a slightly smaller battery (80 Ah Victron AGM) for the engine which is now installed under the floor just by the entrance to the aft head. It is easy to unscrew the floorboard to get access. It is in fact all the same space as the beer space at the bottom of the companionway steps but it is tucked away around the corner so does not really reduce beer/water capacity.

Perfect solution. Now it means that the first 30% of the service batteries is 130 Ah instead of 100 Ah. Put another way, if i had discharged my service batteries by 130 Ah in the past this would have meant a 40% discharge rather than 30% which i have now. This gives a longer life to the service batteries if only max 30% discharge.

Andrew
"Genial Bee"

Tags
battery, jeanneau, service