Just a quick update as the issue is continuing randomly. I did receive a mail back from the supplier so will look into his recommendations below
"Sorry for the delay, this response was by mistake in drafts.
Please, you should check if there are any short circuit with the negative at the top (in the orange wire that you did not use), this cable must be well insulated. If the orange wire touches any part of metal and this is connected to the negative of the battery
, the strobe lamp lights switch ON."