Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 14:14   #1

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
I must share my inverter success

Not to brag, but because I knew that someone here would want to share in the glory!

I know this tale will seem unfathomable to some, in fact just two days ago it would have seemed impossible to me. But I did in fact install the new inverter without ANY setbacks, no extra trips to many stores for last minute parts, everything went beautifully. The remote panel even fit in the same spot the old remote panel fit in. Took me about 2 hours for the whole deal, which was pretty quick considering i had a lot of fresh wire to run to the new panel.

I had wanted to change the way the electrical was setup for some time, i wanted to have a main a/c panel with a sub-panel the inverter picks up. My old inverter only charged at 50 amps and put out 1000 watts, so I decided to spring for a new Pure Sine Wave inverter from Magnum energy with the remote panel. I'm really happy with it, weighs a ton, but my coffee grinder no longer buzzes, nor does the tv... which is good.

Figured I'd share, gonna go dance a jig on the bow and holler at the neighbors.
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 14:22   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
Figured I'd share, gonna go dance a jig on the bow and holler at the neighbors.
Enjoy the victory while you can. You just don't get that many owning a boat. Being lucky still counts! Keep us posted on how it works out.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 14:25   #3

Boat: Maine Cat 41
I dunno. Sounds like it should have been a least a '2 tripper' to WM with the possibility of a bonus run. Just to be safe, hire someone for your next project.

signed,
One Who Has Unpleasantness Type Projects Ahead
cchesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 15:56   #4

I finally got my TV mounted (swing arm; flat screen) and installed. Took me three months to decide on the location. Next up is the wiring. I'm sure when I finish that the TV will break. /cry
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 18:17   #5

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
Yea it's the first of the year so I think that was my "gimme" although in retrospect I don't recall any gimme projects last
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter