Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 20:35   #16

Re: I am an electrical dunce........HELP

I recall years ago my high school shop/mechanics teacher telling us that 80-90% of the successful fix-it job was using the right tools. The rest was reading and understanding the service/repair manual.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:10   #17

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44
Re: I am an electrical dunce........HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooden head View Post
Paying a pro is all well and good but finding a good competent marine electritian can be tough. I have talked to several people who sell marine electrical items, and repeatedly they have told me there is almost noboby in the area they trust to do wiring.
They tell me there is no reliable credentials it's mostly the expirience yard mechanic that also does some electric and some of that is clearly not done to abyc or any other marine standard.
I don't know first hand if they are right about the general state but I have seen "pro's" do some pretty bad work. That is why I go educated to do my own or at least know enough to recognize bad work.

+1 to wooden head here.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, electric, electrical