So I'm out on the water
and my Balmar
system is acting up. I'm getting voltage readings in the high 15's and have pretty much concluded that my ARS-5 regulator
For the moment, I'm managing the issue by removing the fuse on my regulator
so i dont cook batteries and fry electronics
while running the engine
I have been replacing the fuse at times to engage the charging
system and ensure my batteries are charged, but I'm making sure that all of my electronics
are turned off when the balmar
is throwing high voltage. I'm only doing this for around a half hour at a time to ensure I'm not cooling
my batteries (flooded deep cell).
Anyone see any issues with my system for the time being? I'd like to avoid any further damage to my system. What about the less sensitive electrical
units like my macerator and windlass
? It sure would be nice to use these with the balmar charging
(at 15.7 volts!!).... Will I Fry these items?
I'm only out for the next couple of days and will address the root of the problem upon return to the dock
. In the meantime, hoping I can limp along my charging system.