Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2016, 07:38   #1

Boat: Kaufman 47
Hehr PowerLine alternator Info

Hey friends,

My boat came with a Hehr 150amp alternator that was not on the old Volkswagen 5 cylinder Pathfinder diesel engine. I'm assuming it was a spare or it was taken off with other parts(injector lines, reefer compressor, etx). I now have a Yanmar 4hj4-te 75hp engine and I'm looking to upgrade my 120amp Hitachi that came with it. I understand that the Hitachi alts are not the best when used with a Balmar mc-614 which I have. I found scarce info on this alternator on the net and what I found is dated 10 or more years back.

That said, I'm no alternator guru so I don't know, without taking my Hitachi off, if the Hehr will even fit. I don't know what size/case my Hitachi is as it's not in the manual. I had the Hehr checked out by the local alt shop and it works.

Would this fits Yanmar and if so would it be worth using with my external regulator? Or should I just get a new 160amp Grasser or balmar alternator?

See more @ redemptiverepair.com
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator