Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461
Four Winds Wind Charger

hi folks,

a fellow cruiser had his Four Winds WC self destruct the S/S shaft that holds the blades broke at the first hole ( three holes in the shaft to hold each blade) on one side in a 50 knot gust and the blade went into orbit and splashed down in deep water so was not recoverable. We are in St Martin and have managed to dismantle the bits remove the hub and remove the broken shaft and arrange to have two matched blades made. and have sourced a S/S shaft (S/S round bar stock) that now needs drilled.

So we are getting there but we need some info on the blade shaft

The shaft has eight holes in it - the two middle ones are where it gets fixed/held into the hub and the three on each side are the ones that hold the blades.

Now the three on each side are not in the same plane as the two central fixing holes they seem to be angled and one assumes handed to introduce a bit of angle of attack into the blades. Difficult to estimate this angle with the broken shaft and a missing part of that shaft BUT i am assuming it will be somewhere between three to five maybe as much as ten degrees ..............

This is the INFO that i seek does anyone know the offset angle for the blade fixing holes

thanks in anticipation
Highland Fling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:41   #2

Re: Four Winds Wind Charger

ehhhh..... I have one of those as well as the original manual. I am not sure I understand what you write though. I will take pics (nxt weekend) and send it to you (I just had a new sleeve installed inside the hub where the blades are attached to). Maybe somebody has the answer earlier though...
arjand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger