Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2017, 07:51   #1

Fischer panda 5000i Neo

Do anyone here own a FP 5000i NEO ?if so
What do you think of it ?
Thanks
medsailor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 21:11   #2

Boat: Shearwater 39
Re: Fischer panda 5000i Neo

Yes. Installed new April this year in NZ. 150 hrs so far performing as specified. I like the control system that allows me to see engine temp, exhaust elbow temp, stator temp. All linked to shut downs; as are several other operating parameters.
For those of us with boats around 40’ the choices are limited. It powers a dive compressor, air con and if required the battery charging through the Victron Multi plus 120/12/3000. After 2000 hours I will report again!
Al Dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 21:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post
Yes. Installed new April this year in NZ. 150 hrs so far performing as specified. I like the control system that allows me to see engine temp, exhaust elbow temp, stator temp. All linked to shut downs; as are several other operating parameters.
For those of us with boats around 40’ the choices are limited. It powers a dive compressor, air con and if required the battery charging through the Victron Multi plus 120/12/3000. After 2000 hours I will report again!
Hi and thanks for the reply
I am thinking of buying one , the only off putting is , all the neg report on The internet on FP generator , also with an New in house engine made by FP I wonder if it's been tested enough to sort out any problem that may come up .
medsailor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 23:33   #4

Boat: Shearwater 39

Some years back I decided against stopping at the Galapagos on my Pacific crossing, based largely on a sustained rash of negativity surrounding visiting there amongst cruisers. Then I was forced to stop there with some broken strands in a shroud. Yes, I had a wonderful time, one of my best ever stops.
It is unfortunately true that people largely only write negative stuff on the internet, this forum an exception most of the time.
I am an engineer, I did my homework, was at the Düsseldorf boat show in Jan checking out the Neo 5000i. I like the tie up with Victron, I have been a fan of their stuff long time. My first multi-plus just failed earlier this year after 8 years, that’s a good run. A small fault but many of the parts are obsolete, circuit boards changed etc. I cannot complain and willingly paid for a new one.
The engineers at FP have had 25 years to look at the problems of the Farymann motor, the new motor has a proper oil drain from the bottom (unlike Yanmar) a filter, many other sound features.
I like that it only revs as much as the load requires. Generally it is running at around 2900rpm at around 2KW load, with the dive compressor going and 40A of charge going into the batteries it is operating at 3100 rpm. And super quiet. (The generator not the dive comp!). The installation was carefully done, checked out by the NZ agent ( a real German came up to Whangarei from Auckland!) so I have the factory warranty.
I believe there are many thousands of satisfied FP users out there; it remains to be seen whether I become one!
Pay your money, make your choice....but make sure it is your choice and not one dictated by others.
Al Dente is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Fischer Panda