Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2016, 19:19   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 45
Cummins Onan Digital Display

If there is one bit of information I would like my generator panel to display it's the amps it is putting out. Engine hours and voltage is nice too but amps is the only way I can tell how hard it is working, right? I believe the standard control panel does not display this info. I think I would need to upgrade to the "Cummins Onan Digital Display". Are there multiple versions of this display? I have a 7.5MDKBJ-1101C generator. Do I need another wiring harness? This display replaces my remote panel, not the one on the generator, right? Thanks for the help.
SteveInMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 21:49   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: SS Crocker design #131
Re: Cummins Onan Digital Display

We have the mid-90's version of a similar Onan generator (8kw) and it's all analog display with amp gauge. Don't know if that was an extra or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 27-09-2016, 22:49   #3

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: Cummins Onan Digital Display

I delivered a boat this year with an Onan/Cummings Generator. It had a digital display/control remote from the genset. The first thing I did was change the display to show amps instead of voltage. It might be cheaper for you to wire in an AC ammeter than to upgrade to the digital display.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote