Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2009, 12:38   #1

Boat: PIP - 2003 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Nalpino
CLD Marine Inverter

Hello Everyone, new guy in the forum. I've a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35 (2003) and uses a CLD Marine Inverter to run the fridge (220v), outlet, control shore power, etc. Is the standard model used in the French versions and present in Sunsail and Moorings Charter fleets.
Last weekend the inverter collapse and stop working.
I dismantled it and found out some components have burned out.

Basically I coming to you L&G to see if someone has or had one of this, if you know is possible to get a new one in the states or some advices.
It's not a simple inverter having 12v entering and coming out 220v. These inverters control the fridge refrigeration pump, control de compressor, shore power, already includes a remote control panel, etc. So at first I discart using a regular brand.
Now I want to understand also if you heard if the components for marine electronics are special or if I could use regular one.
Here in Rio de Janeiro the offer is not very strong.

Any advice, comments will be highly appreciate.

Thanks

Nicolas
Nalpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 13:27   #2

Boat: Fountaine pajot, Belize 43
CLD inverter

Hi Nalpino,

I experienced the same problem as you last year, the power unit burned out and the whole unit had to be replaced at a substacial cost! Believe it was around €850 + postage.

The CLD company are now taken over by German company Wabesto but still produces the units in French site. I tried to contact an expat Irishman Lee Hawkins at the factory in France just a few weeks ago but he has not responded to my emails, so have maybe left. It was very handy to have someone who speeks and understand English but hopefully I do not have to contact them again.

Must say I'm not totally happy with the system from CLD, but this can be due to the fact that the lid on the freezer don't seal properly and air gets in and therby frosting the evaporator. Also the centrifugal cooling water pump don't get sufficient suction head pressure since I have a cat that does not submerge enough.

If I get another breakdown I'll replace the entire system with separate freezer and fridge evaporators.

Ishould provide you with the email address to Lee, but Ihave that on another laptop so I'll post it to you later.

Happy lead free sailin!
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 10:42   #3

Boat: PIP - 2003 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Nalpino
Thanks for the answer...

I'm trying to get the design of the electronic circuit since I've many friends working as electronic technicians repairing electronic equipment.
The problem is that as some components blowed out is not possible to see the coding to buy the spare parts.
I was wondering what happen if I just buy a regular marine inverter and manually turn it on when the engine is working...I just want my fridge back working. I was also thinking that I could replace the refrigeration pump for a 12v version in order to have less need of 220v power...just thinking!

So, until the inverter stop working, my fridge was doing fine. No complains until now that I realize there is nothing to do about it....

Did you try getting in touch with the factory?,,,,in my case is Jeanneau.

Thanks again,

Nicolas
Nalpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 16:36   #4

Re: CLD Marine Inverter

Nicolas

Did you ever get it resolved? I am experiencing a similar situation with the same system. I have put a manual switch for the water pump. but now after a year I am have of 220 on the compressor leg, but 220 to my auxiliary outlet. I am considering switching leads to provide the power to my compressor since I have little use for the auxiliary outlet

Mike
beach boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter