Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2016, 08:49   #1

Boat: Tashiba-31
Checking Battery charger

I recently acquired a boat with a Promariner Prosport 12 charger connected to a starter battery and 2 house batteries - all wet cells. When I bought the boat the house batteries where dry - I added over a gallon of water to both. Of course, they are dead.

I will be replacing them this weekend, but was wondering if the batteries died from neglect, or did they boil over due to the charger? The boat was left on the charger for months while at dock. Supposedly, this is ok - the charger is suppose to be able to turn itself on/off as needed.

Is there a test I can do to make sure the charger is working properly so I don't kill my new batteries?
dmksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 20:15   #2

Re: Checking Battery charger

old owner probbaly never checked the batteries. they need to be checked every month or so. make sure the bulk and float voltages are set to your battery type.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charger