I recently acquired a boat with a Promariner Prosport 12 charger
connected to a starter battery
and 2 house batteries - all wet cells. When I bought the boat the house batteries where dry - I added over a gallon of water
to both. Of course, they are dead.
I will be replacing them this weekend, but was wondering if the batteries died from neglect, or did they boil over due to the charger
? The boat was left on the charger for months while at dock
. Supposedly, this is ok - the charger is suppose to be able to turn itself on/off as needed.
Is there a test I can do to make sure the charger is working properly so I don't kill my new batteries?