I'll be replacing my 4 x 140Ah batteries before the summer and am tossing up between VARTA Professional DC LFD140 (as per VARTA Professional DC LFD140
) and Banner Energy Bull 130Ah (as per Banner Energy Bull 960 51 Nassbatterie zyklenfest 12V 130Ah
The main reason to stick with these batteries is that they're a size-for-size replacement for the current
batteries making installation
easier and cheaper. I'll also be putting some solar panels
on the boat for the summer so I don't expect the batteries to get too much of a hard time so am willing to take the chance that lesser quality, cheaper batteries will still serve me well (thus no AGM
, Lifeline, Trojan, etc). I'll also be going from the current
batteries to 6 which should further help the longevity of whatever I get.
Does anyone have any advice re either of these batteries? As I see it:
- The Varta claim to be 140Ah, whereas the Banner batteries are 130Ah
- However the Banner batteries are heavier (should count for something?)
- The Varta batteries are sealed, maintenance free whereas the Banner batteries will require topping up (although I'm used to this)
- Not sure on final costs, but lets assume they're about the same
- The Banner batteries claim "350 charging and discharging cycles at 50% DOD", not sure on Varta so probably nothing special??
All help appreciated!
S/Y 37 Rocks