Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2019, 16:44   #1

Boat: Taswell 43
Battery Charging with both Solar and wind

I have both solar (4-80watt panels) and a windgen hooked up to recharge my house battery bank. The solar panels (+)are each wired to a Shotkey(sp?) diode , then to a busbar and a single lead goes to the Victron Solar Controller. That output then goes to the House Battery Bank busbar, connecting all 3 batteries together to satisfy the house load, and allowing each of the 3 12-v batteries to be charged. The windgen is (also) connected to its dedicated controller, and that output(+) goes to the same house Battery Bank busbar.
Do I need to add a diode on both the solar and windgen controller outputs, so one charge input does not feed back and fool the other? How do I ensure the solar and the wind controllers are "seeing" the battery bank and recharging it....and not "seeing" the other alternative energy input and cutting back its output thinking that input is the battery bank condition?
sailcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging, solar, wind