Don't you just love it?
Two days ago the OP poses a seemingly simple question about battery charging
, but provides very little detail.
He gets an answer same day.
He responds and asks another question.
Then, he disappears.
Then a bunch of well-meaning folks chime in with all kinds of suggestions and questions.
Silence from the OP.
No matter. Others chime in with their thoughts.
What's wrong with this scenario?
WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO PROVIDE GENUINELY USEFUL (OR CORRECT) INFORMATION TO THE OP!
Like, for example:
- Type of 8D (flooded, AGM, or gels)?
- Size and type of generator?
- Intended cruising style (Mostly at dockside? Occasional overnites?)
- Size of engine alternator?
- External regulator?
- Likely 24hr usage in AH?
- Any additional charging sources, or plans therefor (solar, wind)?
Without these data points it is folly -- even irresponsible IMHO -- to provide answers/recommendations.