Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2014, 15:42   #16
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Battery Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
just a Northern lights 8KW or so gen set is what maybe as much as $15K installed?
At $949 with FREE SHIPPING from Welcome to Mayberrys.com I think it's one of the most "bang for the buck" things I've every bought for the boat....well except that hand wringer I bought my wife for an anniversary gift one year....and yes we are still married, but the boat now has a washing machine....gulp.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 15:56   #17

Boat: Seawind 1200 TEC 3

Thanks so far.I have no issue with the Honda had it for years running all sorts of stuff including the aircon in our caravan.
I should point out the solar and wind keeps the batteries up at the moment but we are soon to be on the boat for far longer periods without docking so the battery charger is hopefully just a back up to be used every few days to keep everything topped up if I don't feel like running the motors.
Chris
Mirage Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 18:13   #18

Boat: Beneteau 361

Hello all,
I couldn't find any info on other threads, so thought I would sneak a question in here:

I have a 2010 Honda 2000i, used to recharge batteries (about 400ah for the house) through the shore cord to a 45a Quick charge converter, and have been doing so for about 8 months. Recently, the Honda/Quick charge setup occasionally triggers an error code on the charger indicating an overload...although the charge sequence hasn't even started. I still get a steady 120v at both Honda outlets, as well as through the various outlets in the boat. Unfortunately, this issue is intermittent...and the setup will, usually, charge normally after I've ran the auxiliary for awhile to charge the batteries. Owner's manual info on the Quick converter is lacking, as far as troubleshooting. Overheating isn't an issue. The Honda doesn't have a bridge installed to tie the neutral and ground together, but it hasn't been an issue in the time it's been used.

Has anyone experienced something similar, or have insight as to testing the Honda or Quick to isolate the problem?

Thanks for any input...Sandy
mtarcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charger