Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 03:18   #1

Any differences between Xantrex LinkLITE and Whisper Power Battery Monitors

Hello,

My old Pulstronik Battman II is not working anymore, so I need to replace it with a new battery monitor. After reading the forum I've noticed that NASA Clipper BM-2 is a popular monitor. However, the size is quite different from my current meter.

While reading more I noticed that Xantrex LinkLITE is also quite popular and about the same size as my current meter. Unfortunately the stores near by have only Whisper Power Battery Monitors.

After looking the pictures and specs Xantrex LinkLITE and Whisper Power WBM Battery Monitor BASIC look very similar. Is anyone aware what is the connection, if any, between those two products? Am I fine with either one? I have 2x225 Ah leisure batteries.
Sam the Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 23:42   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32
Re: Any differences between Xantrex LinkLITE and Whisper Power Battery Monitors

I have not heard of the Whisper Power, but they look the same to me except for the name.

Tha Victron meters are excellent as well, and may be a better value depending where you are located.
mitiempo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, enc, monitor