Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2018, 10:36   #1

Amp Hour calculator

Hi Guys,

After a bit of learning curve and such I have been using a calculator that I threw together in excel. It calculates the current draw of appliances from 240v wattage and calculates how long (theoretically) you should be able to run said appliance on 12v through an inverter.

It’s just rough maths and I am sure it’s a repeat of a calculator that you can find online. However if you find it useful you are more than welcome to save it, after all I have taken much more from this forum than I have given!

The inputs are simple, put your wattage of appliance at 240v, your amp hours of a single battery, the amount of batteries you have in the bank and it will give you an output of how long you can run that appliance (to 50% SOC).

I found it useful when trying to spec how many batteries I was buying after a cell went dead on my boat recently and took down a number of batteries with it.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Amp Calculator.xls (40.0 KB, 96 views)
geoisbest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Amp hours, cal, Calculator, how much wattage at 240v, inverter, Wattage