Originally Posted by rebel heart
It's an issue (over charging
the starting battery), but not that big of a deal to me. The house bank costs nearly 10x the single
starter, the house can start the engine
if need be, and it's just filling up water
on a every-few-months schedule that I'm on regardless.
One thing to note, when using battery
combiners and overcharging the start bats.
The number one killer of bats., right behind chronic under-charging = sulfated.
Is chronic over-charging, this results in positive grid plate corrosion
, which sloughs off and will eventually causes a dead short circuit in the battery
. Positive grid plate corrosion
comes from the high voltage, and has nothing to do with the acceptance of current