Some points to watch out for.
* The bright yellow (when off) lumileds are way mobetta than the traditional dome shaped leds.
* We use MR16 style lights, so that underway or at anchor
we swap-out the "bulbs" to LED, but have halogens when in a dock
* Any "bulb" with aluminum
housing is better than an all glass one.
* Less than $5 each is a waste of time
* Be careful that your voltage under charge does not exceed 13.5 volts, otherwise you will shorten the life considerably, they don't blow they just go dimmer and dimmer. A 7812 regulator
on each can work
* They use waaaay less power.
* our boat is 24v, we use two in series off every switch.
PS, I have recently commissioned a Catana
522 for a friend. I am seriously impressed and extremely jealous. Disregard all comments about exposed steering
position. It is NOT an issue at sea or at anchor
and that is 99% of the time. You only take the helm
while coming alongside or anchoring
, wear a hat.
Wish I had one.