Thanx for you replies.
It was a 12V cigarette outlet I installed and NOT a battery charger as I wrote.
Some further information
1. The new outlet gives 13,5V (excludes a blown fuse and a broken outlet)
2. The outlet is wired from another 12V cigarette. A small lamp in the engine
room is also wired from this outlet.
When checking this old outlet this morning this outlet turns out to have died. The small lamp still works and there is still 13,5V on the newly installed outlet.
Could the wirering be the problem ?
Sent from my iPhone
using Cruisers Sailing Forum