Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2016, 05:09   #31

Re: 100W Panel with PWM or MPPT & ACR to start motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
Here's the manufacturer:
I think Ultisolar is just a reseller.

Epsolar Technology Co., Ltd. looks like the manufacturer and their website's materials show many installations in developing countries, something US "Green" companies talk about but never seem to find "shovel ready".

Their self description is below with claims at certifications, obviously English not being their first language. :

Epsolar Technology Co., Ltd. was established in March 2007 with more than 30 million RMB registered capital. We are a new and high-tech enterprise which was specialized in power products researching, manufacturing and marketing.
We provide products including solar charge controllers, off-grid inverter, LED driver and special power units etc., as well as design and supply relevant solar application systems. The company has passed the ISO9001: 2008, and products have passed CGC-SOLAR ,CE ,ROSH, FCC and ETL certificate, as well as other domestic and international authoritative certification and a number of patents. The products have been extensively applied and highly appraised in a number of major projects at home and abroad. And sell in more than 120 foreign countries and regions.
In July 2014, we established Shenzhen branch as our production base. In August 2014, we were listed in NATIONAL EQUITIES EXCHANGE AND QUOTATIONS and launched into capital market successfully.
dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:14   #32

I bought one and a solar panel and will review it in a new thread
Old 11-04-2016, 20:40   #33
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32

I'll see how the Tracer is built and works. My supplier is sending me a 4240A for evaluation free of charge.
mitiempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 17:48   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
I'll see how the Tracer is built and works. My supplier is sending me a 4240A for evaluation free of charge.
You rock!

Wish I got mine free. Actually, I'm not sure which model of their 40A choices you are referring to. I got the BN series which looks just like a heat sink. The 20A is the Tracer2215BN and the 40amp is Tracer4215BN. A youtube or website that I found showed/claimed improvements in the internal construction of their prior models of the RN line.

Their 4210A is listed as "positive ground" which has me befuddled.

They also have some more industrial looking ones in an ND and BND series, as well as a bunch of PWM chargers.
Old 13-04-2016, 19:44   #35
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"Their 4210A is listed as "positive ground" which has me befuddled."
Obviously, you've never worked on an old VW Beetle.(G)
Also "positive ground" and if you tried to jump start one "the" universal way, you wound up blowing up two electrical systems.

Could be that some of the electronic components have live electrical connections, on the positive side, to an external heat sink attached to the case, or something equally simple. Or perhaps, that's a special model designed to be compatible with older VW Beetles.(G)
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 22:11   #36
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave777 View Post
You rock!

Wish I got mine free. Actually, I'm not sure which model of their 40A choices you are referring to. I got the BN series which looks just like a heat sink. The 20A is the Tracer2215BN and the 40amp is Tracer4215BN. A youtube or website that I found showed/claimed improvements in the internal construction of their prior models of the RN line.

Their 4210A is listed as "positive ground" which has me befuddled.

They also have some more industrial looking ones in an ND and BND series, as well as a bunch of PWM chargers.
I'll see when I look at it tomorrow.
mitiempo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, mppt