Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 20:58   #1

Water in cavity between anchor locker and fresh water storage

Hi,

I was recently hunting down the source of some water leaks. In the process I discovered a reasonably substantial amount of water in the cavity between the fresh water storage locker and the anchor chain locker.

I'm not sure a) where it's come from, or b) how to get it out (short of drilling a small hole). I haven't gone under the boat yet to investigate, but from the top I'm not sure how it's filled with water!

Anyone had a similar experience or have any bright ideas?

Tom
tommcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:49   #2

Re: Water in cavity between anchor locker and fresh water storage

Sounds similar to L400 problem - suggest you have a look at this thread.

Lagoon 400 Technical Notice - Nacelle Drainage

Hi all,

For those L400 owners not in contact with their dealer or first owner's dealer, this notice has been issued by Lagoon to help correct drainage problems.

To anyone who has completed this modification - did you find the measurements accurate ie how close to bottom of cavities did these measurements place the new drainage holes?

Cheers Brett

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/....php?p=2095878
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:58   #3

Thanks. Not exactly the same (obviously - different boat) but certainly a similar problem in that i suspect it needs some drainage holes. Armed with this I'll do some more investigations when I'm back at the boat on the weekend.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:36   #4
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcc View Post
Thanks. Not exactly the same (obviously - different boat) but certainly a similar problem in that i suspect it needs some drainage holes. Armed with this I'll do some more investigations when I'm back at the boat on the weekend.
There is a drainage hole in mine (2006 L440), beam center, pretty close to the water tank.
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 13:37   #5

@rom thanks. I've got that drainage hole too (also 2006) but the problem is further forward. Aft of the anchor locker, but forward of the water tank locker is another cavity, only about 15cm deep from what I can tell. It's this one that is full of water.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:14   #6
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcc View Post
@rom thanks. I've got that drainage hole too (also 2006) but the problem is further forward. Aft of the anchor locker, but forward of the water tank locker is another cavity, only about 15cm deep from what I can tell. It's this one that is full of water.
Hi Tom, not sure what you are talking about ... Is there a cavity below the floor of the forward cockpit ? How do you access this cavity ? Can you take a picture ?
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 13:06   #7

Boat: Luger, Southwind, 21

Anchor locker defect, caused by environmental and use. Deck hardware sealing area, condensation from humidity in an area adjacent to an air conditioner space. Put on your investigative hat. [emoji848][emoji16]
lonesoldier0408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchor locker, storage, water