Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 11-02-2015, 01:52   #31

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: TPI Lagoon 42

Doris, I saw your ad. You only have about 30 minutes to edit the text in your post and then after that it is there forever. I'm not sure if you can add pics within that 30 mins. But you can always put a new post with more pics there in that thread if you want.

Nice boat and certainly just about the best L42 out there. Good Luck.

Edit: Technically you didn't post your boat in this forum which is the Lagoons forum, it is in the Boats for Sale Classifieds forum which is where it should be. And if you are editing your post as I am now if you tap the Go Advanced tab then you can add or delete pics. But just for 30 minutes!

Old 17-02-2015, 11:50   #32

Boat: TPI Lagoon Catamaran 42'

Duefocena is hull #50 built in 1993 ( According to the Jenneau Plate at the helm). Measured at the saloon entrance 76" and at the galleys lowest point 75" but the actual headroom in the galley where one would stand at the basins is over 80".

Old 21-08-2015, 17:39   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
I'm drawn to the TPI 42 for a variety of reasons. Low price being one.
1. Good bridgedeck clearance. Does anyone actually know what this measures?
2. Slimmer hulls. Any actual data. Hull Fineness, etc.
3. Performance? SA/D with real world numbers. Not just reading (fictional) displacement off web. Anybody actually weigh one and with what level of equipment?
4. Were all the 42s TPIs?
5. Anything else? Did I miss something? Something to look out for?

I researched the other threads and found good information but not these specifics. BOB
I have a Lagoon 42 TPI (formerly known as Ushuaia) known as Departure. I have a 10 foot Highfield dinghy with 15hp Yamaha 2-stroke. I have 2" clearance above the motor head under the bridgedeck. I have to duck, but backed into a marina slip, I have no problems lowering my dinghy and pulling myself under the boat. I usually start it on the other side. But when I come back I just kill the engine coming up to the tramps and float into the dock. Lol. Never heard a slap except for some really rough cross waves.
Old 21-08-2015, 17:52   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Doris, I saw your ad. You only have about 30 minutes to edit the text in your post and then after that it is there forever. I'm not sure if you can add pics within that 30 mins. But you can always put a new post with more pics there in that thread if you want.

Nice boat and certainly just about the best L42 out there. Good Luck.

Edit: Technically you didn't post your boat in this forum which is the Lagoons forum, it is in the Boats for Sale Classifieds forum which is where it should be. And if you are editing your post as I am now if you tap the Go Advanced tab then you can add or delete pics. But just for fun 30 minutes!
Check out the Facebook group "Lagoon Owners" there are plenty of TPI owners on there.
Old 21-08-2015, 18:02   #35

Also..... I am 6'3" and my wife is 6'. We walk around comfortably on the boat and only I duck to enter the sliding door.
Old 21-08-2015, 19:21   #36
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I had the 42 TPI. Great boat. Sails well, doesn't slap much, davits worked great for a 10 ft double floor RIB and 15 HP motor. Shaft drive engines too rather than sail drive. TPI made them but the French did also. I've seen core issues in a French made one. The Mare lon seacocks will likely need replaced. Watch the rudders for water ingress. The foam backed vinyl used on the overhead degrades, it's a huge messy job to replace it all if it hasn't been already done. Basically a great boat though.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 19:41   #37

The foam ceiling is one of my next projects. They have this FRP board at home Depot.. I plan on replacing foam with an insulation and putting on the FRP in strips with 1" vinyl strips to cover the joints.
Old 22-08-2015, 11:10   #38
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I didn't do all of mine, but the sections I did I just pulled the vinyl down and rubbed/vacuumed all the crumbly thin foam off and then glued it back up. It was messy but it worked pretty well. Any lumps or bumps show a bit more thru the vinyl with the foam gone though, but not that bad. Much of mine seemed to still be good, I think the areas affected by deck heat were worse.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 14:49   #39

Boat: Lagoon 42 TPI - Lucey Blue

Lucey Blue had all the internal vinyl professionally replaced in 2005 by a previous owner. However, there are a few patches that may need to be re-glued in the next few years - largely on the strip with the port lights in the rear cabins.
The list of jobs never truely ends on a boat.

Good luck with your renovation...

Tags
lagoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: