Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2016, 03:50   #1

SmartPilot/Seatalk computer fuses - Where are they

My Raymarine ST6002 and ST70's have all gone down and I'm trying to locate the main Seatalk computer to check fuses. I'm on a Lagoon 380. Can anyone help me find them before I destroy the boat!
Tequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:05   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: SmartPilot/Seatalk computer fuses - Where are they

Page 4 ➥ http://www.lundskovs.dk/bavaria/manu...ilotSeries.pdf

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:16   #3

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila View Post
My Raymarine ST6002 and ST70's have all gone down and I'm trying to locate the main Seatalk computer to check fuses. I'm on a Lagoon 380. Can anyone help me find them before I destroy the boat!
Most likely the fuse or circuit breaker is located somewhere near your 12V power distribution. It is not in one of the Raymarine units. They rely on an external fuse or circuit breaker.

The Seatalk NG network that powers the ST70's has a power drop somewhere along the backbone cable system that draws power from the boat house power system. There should be a fuse or circuit breaker for that power drop. Typically this is labeled as "Instruments" on the breaker panel.

If the boat originally had the ST6002 and then the ST70's were added later maybe the circuit breaker is feeding power to the autopilot computer. In that case it might be labeled "Autopilot".

Without a circuit diagram of your instrument system we are just guessing. But most likely the fuse or circuit breaker you are looking for is not inside any Raymarine instrument.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:17   #4

Thanks for that link. Although, Ive got manuals coming out my ears! I'm trying to locate where Lagoon have put the actual SmartPilot computer on my 380 catamaran
Cheers
Old 19-06-2016, 04:23   #5

Thanks for taking the t&t to reply. My main fuse box seems OK though and the fact that my linked plotter is working fine makes me think that I have to locate the SmartPilot computer.
Old 19-06-2016, 05:45   #6

Boat: Lagoon, 39

On our L39 the computer is accessible from the port engine compartment hatch. It is located near the auto pilot cylinder which operates the tiller. There is a chance yours is also located near your cylinder. The power to the "backbone" comes from the computer.

Good luck,

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Mardi Gras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 06:28   #7

Boat: KP 46

Seatalk is powered by one of two means.
1: from your autopilot. if you take the removable cover off your pilot there is a switch there (small one, upper left) that can power the seatalk system. there is also a fuse for it there.
(note, if this is switched off, don't just switch it on, as it is probably powered by the system below, and it is not good to have two power sources).

2: separate power cable, Seatalk cables are blue with black (backbone) and white with black (Spur) also yellow with black but that is for an interface to lower versions of seatalk. The seatalk power cable is red with black, you will find it normally plugged into a "5 way connector" or "T" but I think it is possible to plug it into the back of an instrument as well. (not sure on this, just seems logical).

Raymarine recommends a 5 amp fuse to this power cable.

Hope this helps,

Michael
captmikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 06:32   #8

Boat: KP 46

and just a note to the above... if it is powered by the autopilot computer (seatalk power switch is "on"), then the autopilot must have power to it for the seatalk system to work, so if that is the case, a popped CB or blown fuse to the autopilot will also cause the seatalk system not to power up.

M
captmikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 06:26   #9

Location: Live in Melbourne Australia, boat is currently in St Augustine Fl
Boat: Lagoon 380

Hi Tequila,Mine may be a little different. I had some issues earlier in the year with power for the course computer. The course computer is located under the port rear bunk aft bulkhead near the hot water service. There are fuses on the unit to check. I am not sure if mine has been altered but there was a relay fitted just below and heavy power cabling direct to the house bank isolator. The Nav station "Navigation" CB switched the coil current only thus allowing a shorter high power connection to the computer. Seemed sensible. Unfortunately I kept getting low volts alarms on the ST6002. Turned out to be a corroded joint on the rear of the battery isolator. I needed both instrument and Nav CB's on for the pilot to work. Instrument CB did just that and the Nav CB operated the pilot.
Hope this helps

Regards
Rick
SY"38South"
380 #005
38South is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuses, seatalk, SmartPilot