Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2017, 06:30   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Replacement keys for hatches

Hi

Our recently purchased 2011 L450 only came with a saloon door key. Does anyone have an idea as to where we are able to purchase replacement keys for all the hatches? Are they generic Lagoon-specific keys?

Preferable to be able to lock them so that items don't grow legs and wander off.

Also - any suggestions as to where to buy replacement fittings for the blue down lights (as per image). Require an entire unit as one of our is broken, so a new one needs to be fitted.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170118-20170118-IMG_0454.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	141392  
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 07:06   #2

Re: Replacement keys for hatches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerslocal View Post
Hi

Our recently purchased 2011 L450 only came with a saloon door key. Does anyone have an idea as to where we are able to purchase replacement keys for all the hatches? Are they generic Lagoon-specific keys?

Preferable to be able to lock them so that items don't grow legs and wander off.

Also - any suggestions as to where to buy replacement fittings for the blue down lights (as per image). Require an entire unit as one of our is broken, so a new one needs to be fitted.

Thanks!

You might have success here.

http://spareparts.beneteauusa.com/co...action=accueil
Catopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 10:06   #3

Boat: L 450

The hatches are from Lewmar

http://www.lewmar.com/node/14555

Check this out

M
Darksyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 13:24   #4

Take locks or whole hatch lid easy to remove, to your local locksmith and get new ones cut, will be the quickest and cheapest way out.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 05:30   #5

Thanks for the info all.

Making headway on the replacement keys. Locks are made by SouthCo. I contacted them with an images of interior/exterior of the hatch locks and they provided me with a part number for what they hope is the correct key (part number M1-546) .

They would have been able to be 100% sure if I could provide them with the width of the key slot, but I am not near the boat currently - if anyone could pop a tape measure on theirs it would be appreciated.

Alternately, should you be able to see a number on your key, that would also assist.

I have ordered a set of the keys recommended by SouthCo so long from a local dealer, but will have to wait til we get to our boat in a few weeks time to see if they work.

If anyone can assist with manufacturers info re the courtesy lights that would be great.

(Catopia - the link you provided requires a registration - which I did, but have yet to receive a reply - I'll try resubmit my info)
Old 17-02-2017, 09:13   #6

Boat: CNB L450

Hi, here in Europe it is just a standard lock size. I changed my approximately 2 years ago. I had to order it because it has a lock on one side and a handle on the inner side. To change it is also very easy.
RAZORBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 12:57   #7

Have these South co keys on my L450. They are 9mm wide at the point the 800S is stamped onto key.

You say all the hatches, the pictured keys fits the 2 x engine and generator hatch.

The forward Bow locker Hatches are the round Lewmar type key seen in this picture. Hope this is of some help.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 23:37   #8

Thanks SO much for that Paul - helps heaps!

Tags
hatch, men