Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 17:31   #1
DRS

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re rig 380

Has anyone replaced the standing rigging (wire) on their 380 lately and would be willing to share the cost or approx cost? I have just asked a shop for an estimate and would just like to know how his price sits in comparison to others.
Everything looks good but heading offshore next spring and one tends to become a bit paranoid.
Mast is off for unrelated issue so timing may make sense
Thanks
Derick
Old 14-06-2017, 01:00   #2

Re: Re rig 380

My 380 was re-rigged by the PO 2 years ago for GBP4000. I dont know whether that was a good deal or not. But it may provide a start point
beakereel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 01:37   #3

Boat: Cobbling one together

You may wish to clarify what parts of the rig exactly you're looking to replace. Along with how much, if any of it is DIY vs. the rigging shop doing it. Also, who's providing the materials, as that can make a huge difference. And are you talking mechanical terminals, swages... or perhaps going to Synthetic Rigging?
It's worth running several sets of numbers, for the different methods of doing the job/having it done, as well as comparing materials & suppliers.

Also, if you're re-rigging, now's a good time to inspect all of your tangs, bolts, spreader ends, turnbuckles, electrical wiring, etc. Adding a spare run of electrical wire while the spar's down for anything you may wish to add 6 months from now. Ditto on adding an attachment, & perhaps sheave box, for a future spare halyard. And or a tang/nose/beak for a Solent Stay, even if you don't add the stay now.

I always think it though as if I won't have the rig down for another decade, & given that, what would I then replace, & or add. All the way down to the type & size of bolt or rivet used for X. OCD, maybe, but it helps with peace of mind in terms of having a solid rig. And the fact that I measure, photograph, & record the sizes & part #s of literally everything, surely does help when it's time to fix X that's 15m off of the deck. That or when you go to sell her... the new owners surely will appreciate it.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:44   #4

Boat: 2000 Lagoon 380

its July 2020 and we replace all 6 pieces of rigging with all new parts including turn buckles for $2600. We contacted a Lagoon dealer and the France factory ordered them and sent them to us. Quotes from three USA companies where over five thousand dollars and that didn't' include shipping.
Jillmstar is offline   Reply With Quote