Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2017, 14:38   #1

Propane Locker - gas fitting

The boat came with European gas bottles, regulators and hoses. Since arriving in the USA we have replaced them with US bottles (swap and go), a gas detector and solenoid. I have had to join a US hose to a European hose to join them up as the US hose does not fit the nozzle in the locker. The fitting is a left hand thread female, the pipe has a male with rubber ring inside a nut. The OD of the threaded part is 13mm (1/2") I am wondering what the pipe end fitting is called and its specification, there does not seem to be an adapter readily available, most hardware guys just shake their head. I want to tidy up the connection and not have a joined hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gas fitting.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	150907  
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:26   #2

Boat: Lagoon450
Re: Propane Locker - gas fitting

We have just done this while in St Martin in the Caribbean. Budget Marine there had the correct part to change from the French to the US size. You might check their website if you haven't already found something suitable.
Puffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:40   #3

Boat: J/42
Re: Propane Locker - gas fitting

Hardware stores and even internet sources seem to be devoid of proper propane fittings. I found that local propane dealers have a good stock of such things, and one of the local guys will sell small quantities to DIY'ers or even whip up the hose I need while I wait.
toddster8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane